What's included with our yurts?
Inside the yurt
- A nice comfortable double bed and two single Futon ‘Twingles' (the arms fold up to make sofas during the day).
- Duvets, pillows and fresh linen for the double bed and two singles (see prices page for further details).
- A large wicker basket to store the Twingle bedding during the day.
- Two large wool blankets to keep you cosy on chilly nights.
- A table and four chairs.
- Various solar lighting, wool rugs and sheepskins on the floor.
- Wood-burning stove, a full basket of firewood, matches and eco-firelighters.
- Smoke alarm, CO2 alarm and fire extinguisher.
- First basket of firewood included - £5 per trug load after that.
- If there is a third child we put in a comfy roll-up Futon mattress.
- If you have a young child, four tears or less, we'll install the fireguard.
In the yurt camp kitchen
- Six-seater picnic table, full-width work top with four-ring gas cooker.
- Dinner plates, bowls, side plates and egg cups.
- A variety of mixing/serving/salad bowls plus colander.
- Knives, forks, spoons and tea-spoons.
- Mugs, plastic tumblers and wine glasses.
- A full range of cooking utensils, including saucepans and frying pan.
- Kettle - can be used on the gas cooker or wood burner but not on the open fire!
- Coffee pot
- Veg peeler, grater, garlic crusher, bread knife, carving knife, veg knife.
- Chopping board; salt and pepper.
- Washing up bowl, washing-up liquid and tea towels.
- Cool box and storage box for other food/drink (replacement ice-packs in the chest freezer up at the showers).
- Water carrier - mains drinking water very close by.
- Solar powered lighting.
- Fire extinguisher, matches and/or gas lighter.
Outside the yurt
- A fireplace for your campfire with an integral grill for barbecuing (BBQ implements are hanging in the camp kitchen).
- Two 'stargazer' benches.
- Discretely positioned a few metres from the yurt, a private-use dry composting loo. Full instructions for its correct use will be given upon arrival!
Suggestions for what to bring
- Towels - please note, we do not provide any towels!
- Slippers for the yurt. We go to great lengths to make the yurts clean and tidy - so we ask that you do not wear outdoor shoes, boots or wellies in the yurts.
- Speaking of which, wellies and waterproofs - this is Wales after all!
- Your food and drink! There is good food shopping in St Davids (7 miles), Fishguard (8.5 miles) and a nice convenience store at Square & Compass (3.5 miles).
- Food storage containers.
- If you have an axe and you're competent with it, bring it along for making kindling etc. Safe use and storage are your responsibility!
- You may want to bring insect repellent in the summer months.
- Re-usable water bottles. Our mains drinking water is very nice and it's free!
- Don't worry about bringing charcoal - we sell locally made charcoal here (and it's really good!)
Carrie, Peter, Freya, Gus. Read more
Emma & Honey. Read more
Escape to Pembrokeshire…
Get back to nature and enjoy a fantastic camping or yurt holiday at this lovely campsite:
- Close to breathtaking, unspoilt beaches
- 52 acres of private farm and woodland to enjoy and explore
- Just 12 camping pitches and three amazing yurts
- Cosy campfires on every pitch
- Pizza nights right through the summer!
- Five-star showers and facilities
- Undercover areas for rainy days
- Wetsuits, body boards and kayaks to borrow
It’s the stuff of lasting memories, with our peaceful location, friendly atmosphere, great facilities, crackling campfires, spacious pitches and three lovely yurts.